How to use this app
pinch open to zoom in
- AFB shares a number of symptoms with other diseases and has one definitive symptom, (pupal tongue). In this application symptoms are given numerical values which are added towards a final score. The higher the score, the greater the chance that a hive is infected with AFB.
- This application is designed so that you can compare the symptoms illustrated, with the symptoms present in your hive.
- Tap the photos on each page to enlarge them.
- If you decide that your hive is displaying a symptom, then that symptoms "score" is accumulated. You will not see the scores. They are added in the background.
- Instructions on how to look for and interpret each symptom, are displayed in the associated "instructions" screen.
- Some symptoms or circumstances are "non visual", but are still important and need to be considered. These are listed after the visual symptoms.
- Your final result will be displayed towards the end of the application.
- What you do next is covered under the "What to do next" page.